A diamond ring has an elusive charm that cannot be compared to another gemstone. It is one of the most expensive and elegant investments for people. Therefore, it’s crucial to be extremely cautious while purchasing diamond rings. Dive into this article to recognize the top mistakes that you should avoid while purchasing diamond rings.
1. Forgetting to Set a Budget
Customers often forget to set a budget while purchasing diamond rings. Since it is a hefty investment, it’s crucial to determine a budget before looking for options. Once you determine how much you can afford, you should focus on exploring the best options within your budget. It will ensure that you are not going over your budget.
2. Lack of Research
Before visiting the jeweller to find the diamond ring of your dreams, it’s mandatory to perform extensive research. You must try to figure out as much as possible about the 4Cs of diamonds. The 4Cs revolve around carat, colour, clarity, and cut.
Knowing about the 4Cs will help you understand why the price of diamond rings varies according to quality and size. Additionally, it will make the process of buying a diamond ring much easier for you.
3. Don’t Be Stubborn About the Grades
You might have conducted research and dug out that H VS1 is the right diamond for you. A lot of customers are too stubborn to settle for a lower grade. At times, diamond ring buyers are ready to sacrifice the cut, size, or setting to get the grade they want.
However, sticking to a specific grade might be unwise. Anyone looking at your diamond won’t be able to guess whether your diamond is VS or VS2 grade. Therefore, consider your budget and check out different factors like cut, size, and setting before making the purchase.
Remember that the cut of a diamond is what makes it beautiful. Therefore, compromising on the cut of a diamond would be a grave mistake.
4. Never Ignore the Setting
When buying diamond rings, the setting is an important consideration that most people tend to ignore. You should give equal importance to the centre stone and setting while purchasing diamond rings. Before creating your budget, you should research the different setting styles.
If you want a simple setting with high-quality diamonds, you might get it within a more affordable range. But a setting style with more than one diamond can be expensive.
A few popular settings for diamond ringsare as follows:
- Solitaire: The solitaire setting is a top choice among diamond ring buyers. This setting helps your diamond grab all the attention. The solitaire setting is highly popular for round or princess cut diamonds.
- Pave: Pave diamond rings are a true symbol of luxury. In this setting style, the diamonds are placed in such a way they constantly display a shine. Usually, the pave setting style holds the diamonds close together.
- Halo: The halo setting is ideal for displaying the centre diamond in a striking. The emergence of the halo setting style can be traced back to the 1920s. But it is still a popular choice among contemporary buyers.
5. Ignoring the Cut
The cut of the stone should get your undivided attention while buying diamond rings. The cut of your diamond ring will determine how much opulence it holds. The most popular diamond cuts are as follows:
- Round cut: It is the most popular cut with 58 facets. The brilliance of a round cut diamond is exceptional.
- Princess cut: The princess cut diamond is a popular choice for people with modern tastes. This fancy cut diamond comes with pointed edges and incomparable brilliance.
- Oval cut: Oval-shaped diamonds are popular in engagement rings because they can create the illusion of being larger than they are. These diamonds also come with exceptional brilliance and durability.
Avoid impulsive decisions while buying diamond rings. Consider all the options available to you carefully and get the most exquisite diamond ring.